Arabic file name with upload

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Arabic file name with upload
Answer
4/26/11 6:48 AM
hi

in your online demo I upload files with Arabic names and it accept it , but when I use local server it change the name to unknown chars.
its not from the database I check it .

thank you

RE: Arabic file name with upload
Answer
4/26/11 6:42 PM as a reply to mobamg mobamg.
Hello,

Could you tell me on which database you deployed Kimios ? I suppose you use Mysql.

In the current release, the Mysql version is buggy, regarding the UTF-8 support.

But, you tell me that when you manually browse database, the characters are ok ?

I am launching a test on the arabic charmap, and I give you news about that this week.

Regards,

Fabien

Answer
4/26/11 9:10 PM as a reply to Fabien Alin.
Hello,

After test on our side, I think its the database.

Especially if you're using mysql.

You ve to ensure that the connection to the database used by the Kimios Server is really is really set on UTF-8.

By default, this is the Mysql server settings which override this behaviour. So you have to update your my.cnf (my.ini under Windows), the Mysql Server settings file, and add the followiing, under the section:

character_set_server=utf8

But on the current version you're using, you may still encounter troubles, because of the Kimios Database schema, which isn't precise enough, regarding the encoding.

The new Mysql script fixes this problem.

It will be included in the next release 2.0.1, coming very very soon.

Regards,

Fabien

Answer
5/2/11 3:09 AM as a reply to Fabien Alin.
Hello
thank you Fabien for your response , I've already fix the problem , yes it's because of the database , I changed the database to Ms Sql and change every varchar column to nvarchar so it works for me .

thank you aging

Regards,

Ibrahim Mohammed

Answer
9/3/11 12:47 AM as a reply to mobamg mobamg.
Hi Ibrahim,

Could you please help me how to connect the system to MS SQl Server. Thank you